A RECENT swag of industry accolades has brought international and national attention to the Ballarat region's wineries and distilleries.
At the San Francisco World Spirits Competition, Ballarat's Kilderkin Distillery was awarded silver medals for both its Buccaneer and Barrel Aged gins. Its Original and Scoundrel gins each scored bronze medals.
Back home at the Australian Gin Awards, Kilderkin's Buccaneer, Original and Scoundrel gins all won silver medals, whilst its Barrel Aged received a bronze medal.
This comes on the back of Kilderkin releasing its new Sunburnt Country bush tucker gin, which is bottled at 50.7(%), Australia’s highest temperature on record.
Meanwhile, the following wineries were recognised by Gourmet Traveller Wine in the Pyrenees/Ballarat category at Australia's Best Cellar Door Awards 2019:
- Star Cellar Door: Dalwhinnie, Moonambel
- Best Large Cellar Door: Warrenmang Vineyard & Resort, Moonambel
- Best Small Cellar Door: Eastern Peake , Coghills Creek
- Cellar Door with the Best Food & Best Tasting Experience: Mitchell Harris Wine Bar, Ballarat
- Our Favourite Places to Stay: Summerfield Winery and Blue Pyrenees Estate, Moonambel
- Best Additional Experience (Glamping; Barbecue Dinners; Private Wine Tastings): Taltarni Vineyard, Moonambel